The Bridgewater Fair Book contains descriptions, rules and entry forms for all Contests.
Please note the correct phone number for Ashli & Dirk Feather for Fruits & Vegetables, Home Arts, Needlepoint, and Hobbies is (203) 455-7606.
Details about the Junior Quilt Contest are missing from the fair book and provided below.
Click on the Bridgewater Fair Book cover below to download a copy of the book
Junior Quilt Contest
Junior Quilt Contest Categories: Wall Hanging
Junior Quilt Contest Rules
- This contest is open to all residents of Connecticut.
- All work must be completed by an individual quilt maker.
- Work can be pieced by hand or by machine but applique must be done by hand.
- Quilts must be either hand or machine quilted, no hand tied quilts.
- Quilts may not be made from pre-cut quilt kits.
- A quilt can only compete in the Association of Connecticut Fairs Quilt Contest once.
- Participant must be between 7 and 17 years of age at the time of judging.
- Wall hanging Quilt perimeter must measure a minimum of 64 inches.
- Wall hanging Quilt must include a sleeve for hanging.
- Wall hanging can be applique, or pieced. It can be hand or machine quilted, but not tied.
The following prizes will be awarded for the Junior Quilt Contest:
1st place: $25.00 2nd place: $15.00 3rd place: $10.00