Garden Tractor Pull
More Information: Hank Tanner (860) 868-7726
Super Stock Information: Steve Palinkas (860) 379-2155 - after 6 pm
General Information: Larry Sassetti (203) 775-0745 - after 7 pm
Event time: Sunday 11:30 am South Ring
Garden tractors within various class will compete against one another pulling successively heavier weights. A full pull is 8 feet. It can usually take between 3 and 4 hours before all the classes have competed.
Registration time is 9:00 am on Sunday. Please be on time so pulls can start on time.
Event officials will class and check all the tractors.
The age of the puller on May 1st will determine the class he/she will pull in.
CLASS 1 - Stock. Kids 6-10 yrs old, up to 12 hp with 23/10.5/12 or smaller tires
CLASS 2 - Stock. Kids 11-14 yrs old, up to 12 hp with 23/10.5/12 or smaller tires
CLASS 3 - Stock. Kids 6-14 yrs old, up to 14-20 hp with 26/12/12 or smaller tires
CLASS 3 - GRAVELY. Kids 6-14 yrs old, with 26/10.5/12 or smaller tires
CLASS 4 - Stock. Adult, 15+ yrs old, up to 11 hp with 23/10.5/12 or smaller tires
CLASS 5 - Stock. Adult, 15+ yrs old, 12-16 hp with 23/10.5/12 or smaller tires
CLASS 6 - Stock. Adult, 15+ yrs old, 17-20 hp with 26/12/12 or smaller tires
CLASS 6G - GRAVELY. Adult, 15+ yrs old, with 26/12/12 or smaller tires
CLASS 7 - Stock Big Wheels. Kids 6-14 yrs old, up to 20 hp with 16-24” tires,
- - - - - - - - - - no larger than 8.3 x 24 or 9.5
CLASS 8 - Stock Big Wheels. Adult 15+ yrs old, up to 20 hp with 16-24” tires,
- - - - - - - - - - no larger than 8.3 x 24 or 9.5
CLASS 9 - Super Stock. Adult 15+ yrs old
NOTE: Tractors with factory stock 15” rims will be classed on an individual basis.
FYI: A 23/10.5/12 tire is 23” tall, 10.5” wide, and on a 12” rim. A 26/12/12 tire is 26” tall, 12” wide, and on a 12” rim.
GENERAL RULES - ALL CLASSES
- A full pull is 8 feet.
- Boundary lines will be 10 feet apart. If tractor or stone boat hits the boundary lines, the driver and the tractor will be disqualified.
- NO JERKING STONE BOAT . You must tighten the chain before pulling.
- Drivers must remain seated. NO BOUNCING ALLOWED . Drivers must keep one hand on the steering wheel at all times while pulling.
- Only one person per tractor, per class.
- Kids 6-14 yrs old must be able to safely operate tractor to the satisfaction of our officials. Kids must also have an adult coach at ALL TIMES . Coaches must remain outside of the boundary lines at the time of the pull.
- Officials will class and check all the tractors. Their judgments are final.
- No horseplay or alcoholic beverages allowed. No passengers on the tractor.
- NO CHEATING!
- All tractors must have clevis or hole in draw bar large enough to accept hook from stone boat. Hole must be at least 2” in diameter.
- Pulling committee and officials reserve the right to add any additional rules or correct any problems that happen at a pull.
- CHEAT ONCE: WARNING.
- CHEAT TWICE: MISS TWO PULLS.
- CHEAT 3 TIMES: KIDS OUT FOR THE SEASON / ADULTS OUT PERMANENTLY
RULES - STOCK GARDEN TRACTORS
- Stock Garden tractors up to 20hp, 1 or 2 cylinders, gas or electric.
- ALL tractors must have a rigid draw bar. Maximum draw bar height in classes 1-6 will be 1: below rear axle center line. Maximum draw bar height for BIG WHEELS, classes 7 and 8 will be 12” from ground.
- One set of stock garden tractor wheel weights or tires loaded with liquid ballast-not both. No other added weight.
- 8” wheels (can be homemade) not to exceed 75 lbs per wheel
- 12” wheels (can be homemade) not to exceed 75 lbs per wheel
- Big Wheels - Manufactured only; not to exceed 140 lbs per wheel. NOTE: Weights could be checked any time during events; they must be removable.
- Under mounted mowers are allowed. No chains over 10” long to hold mower deck to tractor. NO OTHER ATTACHMENTS.
- Engine cannot run over 3600 RPMs.
- No cut tires; no tire chains; no dual wheels. No 4x4s. No Crawlers. No Steel Wheels, Pit Bulls, C-Peks. No professional pulling tires.
- Tractors in classes 7&8 MUST be equipped with wheelie bars that are strong enough to support tractor. Wheelie bars must be made of 2” sq. tubing, ? ” thick, or flat stock, ¼ x 2 ¼ max. brace 1 ¼ x 1 ¼ x ? angle. Cross brace must not interfere with hitch or chain. Wheelie bars must extend 4” behind the exterior of the tire, not more than 6 inches from the ground. They must have wheels (not steel) or flat pads.
- Wheelie bars are not mandatory for classes 1-6, but are highly recommended for safety. If you have them, they must meet the standards in #7 of these rules.
- Cub Cadets: MUST have a shield to deflect any flying parts to the ground in event of a mishap. Shield must be made of 16 gauge steel or ? ” aluminum and surround the clutch housing on top and both sides.
- Stock seats only. NO CAR OR TRUCK SEATS, BUCKET SEATS OR OTHERWISE.
- FLAGRANT VIOLATERS OF ANY RULES WILL NOT PULL PER DECISION OF THE OFFICIAL.
RULES - SUPER STOCK
- Garden tractors up to 20 hp, one or two cylinder, 4 cycle, gasoline engines.
- Frame cannot be lengthened more than 4 inches. Hood cannot be raised more than three inches.
- Tractors must have wheelie bars that are strong enough to support the tractor.
- Wheelie bars must extend 4 inches behind the exterior of the tire and will be no more than 6 inches from the ground. See #7 of Stock Garden rules for requirements.
- All tractors must have a rigid draw bar. Maximum draw bar height will be 14". Draw bars may not extend rearward more than 15" from the center of the axle. Rear engine tractors being the exception, with rigid draw bars being as close as possible to the engine.
- Tractors can run two pair of wheel weights and add up to 300 Ibs. of extra weight.
- All weight must be secured to tractor. No weights will be allowed on tractor seats or driver. Nothing can protrude more than 20" in front of the tractor frame. Losing weights while pulling will result in disqualification.
- Maximum engine RPM must not exceed 4000 RPM and may be checked at any time. All tractors must have sufficient shielding of belts, chains, clutches, etc., to deflect any flying parts to the ground.
- Any type of tire may be used. Tires can be modified. Maximum tire size will be 31/
- 15.50/15. No dual wheels, no tire chains or studs.
- A tractor that pulls in Super Stock class cannot pull in any other class. Tractor may not weigh more than 1700 lbs. with 31x15.5x15 tires, and 1800 lbs. with 26x12.5x12 tires.
- NOTICE: Super Stock tractors will be weighed. There will be a one time fee for the scale to be paid by the puller. Tractors may be rechecked at any later pull at no fee, and at the discretion of the officials.