Connecticut State Sheep Show
Founded 1970 - Bridgewater Connecticut Firemen's Fair
This is just an exhibit and show and is not a content.
- Sheep from various farms throughout Connecticut, New York, Rhode Island & North Carolina will be on exhibit every day for the duration of the Fair. Kindly ask the owners about their sheep. They would love to talk to you. There will be exhibits by the shepherds.
- On Saturday and Sunday there will be a shearing demonstration. Also a spinning demonstration. The times for both of these will be available at the Fair Office.
- The Kuykendall Border Collie Sheep dog demonstration from North Carolina will be on Saturday & Sunday. Check the schedule of events for times and places.
Jon & Ginni Dodd, (203) 263-4725
15 Painter Hill Road, Woodbury, CT 06798
- RABIES CERTIFICATE REQUIRED, NOT LESS THAN 30 DAYS OR MORE THAN 1 YEAR.
- OFFICIAL ID PREMISE NUMBER OR SCRAPIE CERTIFICATION TAG NUMBER MUST BE IN ANIMAL'S EAR AND THROUGHLY DEFINED ON HEALTH PAPERS - NO EXCEPTIONS!
- *Sheep exhibitors will be required to display health certificates to officials as required by the Connecticut Department of Agriculture stating that sheep are free from CONTAGIOUS AND INFECTIOUS DISEASES and not from SCRAPIE-EXPOSED FLOCKS.
- SORE MOUTH, FOOT ROT, TICKS, PINK EYE, AND/OR ANY DISEASE CONDITION WILL BE CAUSE FOR REJECTION.
- All sheep must be on the grounds by 9:00 pm Friday.
- Release time is 6:00 pm on Sunday.
- Initial shavings for bedding will be provided. Additional shavings will be offered for sale in the trailer near the cattle barn.